Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cara Mama - Visiting Grandparents

Cara Mama,

As I tried to tell you and Daddy all night, I DON'T FEEL RIGHT! This whole teething thing sucks! My mouth and ears hurt, and it seems to be worse when I'm lying down. This is making it hard for me to take naps and sleep at night. Can't you do something about it? Like maybe hold me all night long and for every nap? You and Daddy have had over 30 years to sleep (minus 6 or 7 of the last 8 months)--certianly you can go a few nights without any sleep in order to hold me.

Also, I'm not sure if you realize it, but the place you are putting me to sleep? It's NOT MY BED! I'm having enough trouble sleeping as it is, and you guys are putting me in some strange crib. The chair you are nursing me in and Daddy is trying to rock me in? It's NOT MY GLIDER! It doesn't even rock. And you expect me to sleep with all this going on?

I will say that I do like all these people who are holding me, playing with me, and giving me all sorts of attention. I like them a lot. I am having fun here. I'd like to see these people more, but without that long car ride, please.

I love you, Mama. That's why I give you my best smile in the middle of the night when you do hold me or when I want to play. I know you love me, cause you can't resist smiling back, even when you are crying from sleep deprivation, whatever that is!

Tua figlia,
Pumpkin

1 comment:

ImpostorMom said...

Oh how trips mess with the little ones. I was lucky in that my mom took Boog on thanksgiving night because of my wrist surgery. Apparently he screamed for much of the night. I think he is finally getting back in the grove now that we've been home for 3 days.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...