Monday, January 28, 2008

Question of the Week - Oh, The Places You've Been

This week's question is in honor of my friend who is moving.

Of all the places you lived, where was your favorite?

This should be purely for location reasons, not what you were doing at the time or who you were living with.

My favorite place was Florence, Italy. (Who is surprised? Anyone? Anyone?) I would love to move back there some day, but I don't think it's in the cards for me. I also loved living in Athens, Georgia, USA (not to be confused with Athens, Greece--a place I haven't even visited yet). Athens, GA was such a great place to live, so it comes in second.

How about you?

7 comments:

Becoming Mommy said...

San Juan, Puerto Rico. To me, it will always feel more like home than anywhere else!

Anonymous said...

Well seeing as I've only ever lived two places—the place I live now and the place I grew up—I'm gonna go with home sweet home now. Which is Athens, GA. Although it's looking like a move may be in the cards for us sometime in the next year.

Glad to have you back, Cara! (even though I fired you while you were away :P)

Burgh Baby said...

Orlando, Florida. But Pittsburgh is a VERY close second. If there was a giant, happy mouse living here, then it would win. It's kind of hard to beat the Disney magic though.

-goofydaddy said...

haven't lived in too many places, so i'd have to say where i am now. tons of space, and everything just where i like it. and lots of comfy places to sit. :-)

Two Shorten the Road said...

Brooklyn, NY. But then it started to get all uber-hip where I lived, so it's probably not the same anymore.

OneTiredEma said...

It's hard to say, because living someplace as an adult is a different experience than living somewhere as a child.

And I haven't lived THAT many places.

But overall, I'd have to say Jerusalem.

Cloud said...

Actually, San Diego, where I live now. I moved away after grad school and felt like I'd been exiled from paradise or something. I'm not saying its a perfect place to live, but it sure suits me.

Runner up would probably be Auckland, NZ, but I didn't really live there- I just spent a month there for work once.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...