Monday, February 25, 2008

Question of the Week - Guilty TV Pleasure

Well, I hear the writer's strike is over. That means that TV will be back soon! I'm really happy about that, but I have to say that the writer's strike gave me time to catch up on my DVR recordings. I don't have much time to watch a lot of TV lately (I wonder why). When I have any free time, I typically spend it on the computer or reading. But I record a bunch of TV shows, most of which Londo watches with me usually after the Pumpkin goes to bed.

There are some shows I record that he has no interest in whatsoever. There are some shows which I am a bit embarrassed to admit I really enjoy. These are the shows that sit on the DVR for long periods of time, for the rare times when I am free to watch TV but not with Londo. I am slow to catch up on these shows, and some I just have to delete because I run out of room on the DVR.

So, the question of the week is:

What TV show to you like that you are a bit embarrassed to admit you even watch?

I'll tell you mine. It's Kyle XY. That's right, me and the pre-teen girls love the show. Londo has even seen some of them and admits it's a decent show. You know, for an ABC Family type of show. I also love Army Wives on Lifetime, but that's been in hiatus.

Your turn to fess up. What's your guilty TV pleasure?

Speaking of TV, check out the new quote at the bottom of the page. It happens to be one of Londo's (my hubby's) favorite quotes.

10 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm not ashamed; I love the trash that is Rock of Love on VH1. It's absolute trash, but it's good trash.

Jan said...

The E! True Hollywood Story. And heaven help me if I stumble upon a 2 p.m. Lifetime Original Movie -- why am I unable to resist this?

Becoming Mommy said...

I watch Kyle too, so does the Hubby. But I don't feel ashamed about it. Actually, he likes that show more than I do.

Now The Girls Next Door....that shames me.

- Dana said...

I used to watch the reality TV on MTV but a couple years ago we turned the extended cable off so I wouldn't even be tempted! I think I am smarter for it, haha. But I found a replacement :-) We still have TLC and Discovery Health so, I like any show that has to do with babies or houses. Jon and Kate Plus 8 is my favorite!

Peaceful Me (Quo) said...

I have been keeping up with Puff Daddy, Making The Band, ha! I love Celebrity Rehab, and Scott Baio is 46 and Pregnant. Don't tell. Peace!

Peaceful Me (Quo) said...

Oh, and I love Jon & Kate Plus Eight too. :)

Peace

La folle maman said...

Shoot, I meant to put this in my last comment ...

becomingmommy -- I'm with ya on the Girls Next Door. Why is it so fascinating for me? I dunno. Maybe I just wish I could have a mansion where my animals are taken care of by other people? Maybe it's the costume parties they have all of the time where they get to spend lavishly on bizarre outfits? It's definitely NOT the old man penis part! LOL!

OneTiredEma said...

Project Runway and Top Chef on Bravo seem like high quality fare in comparison to my latest guilty pleasure, Celebrity Rehab on VH1. Talk about witnessing a train wreck...and not being able to look away...

I am also intrigued by/frightened by the MTV Sweet Sixteen show. These are some of the wealthiest kids in America, so therefore the people who are going to be running the show in 30-40 years. Holy hell.

Shellie said...

Lost, and I'm so lost right now. And I love John and Kate plus 8 on Discovery.

Anonymous said...

We tend to watch a lot of reality tv which is basically all a guilty pleasure. My latest ones though are The Millionaire Matchmaker on Bravo and the soon to premiere Real Housewives of NYC. Total crap both of them but I like a little mindless entertainment here and there.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...