Saturday, March 1, 2008

Cara Figlia - Out and About

Cara mia figlia,

You are so good when we go out to eat. Your daddy and I love to go out to breakfast on the weekends, and the past two weekends you have been great. I love that I can just sit you in a highchair, order off the menu for you and watch you eat with the rest of us. You really love to be out and about, looking at everything and everyone. And everyone around you comments on how bright eyed and happy you are.

Now, we are going to take you with us while we run some errands. You seem to be bored at home lately with the same old toys. Goodness knows your daddy and I are tired of trying to keep you out of the trash and cabinets you aren't supposed to get into. I'm sure we will be getting some new toys for your upcoming birthday, so for now, we're just going to go out and do stuff to keep you from being bored. One of our errands is to buy hardware for the cabinets so we can put baby-proof locks on them. While I'm sure they will frustrate you, they will make your daddy's and my lives a bit easier.

Ti amo,
Mama

4 comments:

Rhea said...

Cute post! I love your post on romance novels and falling in love with your husband again. Very sweet!!

I see you like writing from your profile. I have a writing challenge on my blog right now. It's to write a six word memoir based on Hemingway's. Check it out!

http://rheahollan.blogspot.com/

Karen said...

How wonderful that she's well behaved at the restaurant. We're still fighting the battle with our 5 year old.

Anonymous said...

Boog is pretty good in restaurants as well. Although he will have an occasional screaming fit, but it's the happy kind, not the bratty kind. :P Does that make it better?

Kat - Housewife Confidential said...

Any excuse me...

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...