Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My Memory Is Not That Good

I got a few comments last week about how great it was that I remembered all those details about the Pumpkin's first year. Well, here's my confession: I had to look most of it up.

I am part of an online buddy group on a message board that started when we were all pregnant and due in March 2007. But the message board sometimes eats the posts after you type them all up and hit the submit button, so I learned to type it all up in a Notepad file and then copy and paste the text into the message board's thread for our buddy group. About halfway through my pregnancy, I realized that I should be saving these Notepad files because I was really documenting my pregnancy, and later my daughter's life, in this thread with these ladies. I am very proud of myself for realizing this and actually saving the files with the date I wrote them as the document name.

To write up the Pumpkin's year in review, as well as some of her annual assessment, I scoured through each Notepad file to remind myself of what was going on. That is why it took me so long to write them up.

Do not be impressed by my mommy brain, which is as befuddled from a year of sleep deprivation. But you can be impressed by my great idea of saving these posts by date, keeping up with my buddy group, recording important milestones as well as day-to-day stories, and thinking to use them and sum it up in a review of her year. Also, you can be impressed by my wonderful writing skills.

But most of all, you can be impressed with my modesty. It is perhaps my best quality. ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA, your secret is out.

I have a family blog that I use to keep in touch with friends and family but mostly with video and photos. I started it toward the end of my pregnancy though. Sometimes I like to go back and look at all of it just to marvel at how much he's grown. It's like his virtual baby book.

What a great idea to keep all those notepad files.

Burgh Baby said...

No, I'm still amazed at your memory. You remembered that you had written all that stuff down, after all! Some days I can't even remember my name, so really, you're doing very well.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...