Skip to main content

What's Going On With Us

I'd been doing pretty well with posting at night before bed lately. But last night, after spending some quality time with Londo, it was too late and I was too tired to even turn on my computer. Or as Londo said, "I sexed you up so good, you can't even blog!"*

Anywho... I don't have time to write the two longish posts that I've started. That will have to wait until tonight and tomorrow night. Or when I can next get to them. You see, not only am I crazy busy at work, but we are having house guests! Londo's cousin and his wife are coming up to visit DC and are staying with us. We get along with them really well, and I'm looking forward to hanging with them in the evenings. So we'll just have to see what kind of time that leaves me for blogging.

Hey, remember the post when I mentioned how the Pumpkin was sleeping really well at night? Remeber how Burgh Baby's Mom said that she hoped I didn't jinx it? Yeah, I totally jinxed it. We had a few really tough nights in a row after that. However, last night, she slept straight through until after 7:00 this morning. When she woke up, she was happy and played in her crib a little while.

I'm just hoping that she sleeps through the nights and wakes up happy while our house guest are with us. The guest room is right next to her nursery, and these cousins don't yet have kids. Hearing the Pumpkin on a crying jag on and off all night and into the morning might just scare them off of kids.

Well, that's the update for now. What's going on with you all?

Londo didn't think I'd really share that with you... He even dared me to do it. I did it. Because I'll say almost anything. And because the sex was so very good, how could I keep that to myself? hehe.

Comments

Sex so good you can't help but blog about it :) Woot
I too jinxed the sleep and it's gone all to hell!
Sorry you jinxed yourself. I was hoping by speaking of the jinx, I would somehow manage to jinx myself into being wrong, thereby sparing you the jinx. Sucks it didn't work.
I'm Not Skippy said…
Sex? What?

I'm jealous.
La folle maman said…
Hey, nobody can fault you for choosing sex over blogging!

Hope all goes well this weekend with the visitors in town!
Shellie said…
I finally cleaned the whole house and got caught up on the dishes. I think maybe Londo's quote would make a great challenge for my husband. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Fidgets in Sleep (and While Awake)

Since I've started this blog, I've had quite a few visitors find me through a search for something like "baby fidgets in sleep" or "baby fidgets in bed" or simply "baby fidgets." This leads me to believe that there are others out there with fidgety babies who drive them crazy enough to search on the internet for some information about fidgeting babies. So I thought I'd do a whole post to discuss the fidgety nature of my child and how I deal with it.

Do you want to know when my child first started fidgeting? IN UTERO!! I'm not kidding. When I was pregnant, this baby moved a lot. She was very often kicking and pushing and hiccuping. OMG, the hiccups! I thought they would drive me nuts. Every. Single. Day. For. Months. Straight. Often more than once a day. I am not exaggerating--you can ask Londo or the many people I worked with, all of whom had to hear about it. I just thought it was part of being pregnant, and it probably is, but I've al…

Some Babies Just Fidget

I have mentioned before that we had a very fidgety baby. It's been a while sinced I talked about it. Although she is still pretty fidgety, at her currently toddler stage it seems more normal and has in many ways translated into bigger, general movements, like climbing.

But I still get a ton of search hits that have to do with baby fidgeting or flailing while sleeping or nursing. Some people stay around and read a bit, and I hope they get what they need from the posts I wrote specifically aboutthis topic hoping that others realize they are not alone. Most people don't stay at all, and I figure they are probably looking for medical reasons why babies fidget (like I would).

Then I got this comment, which does indeed show that people are looking for medical reason. Anonymous said that she wasn't sure if the Pumpkin's fidgets were as severe are her 3.5 month old. Well anonymous, I can't be positive since I haven't seen your child, but at some points they were as bad …

Fidgety Baby Growing Up

My daughter was a very fidgety baby. More fidgety than any other baby I knew through all my years of babysitting, being an aunt and having friends and family with babies. So fidgety that I wondered if something was wrong, if there was an underlying reason for her fidgetiness.

There really wasn’t anything wrong. As far as I can tell, she simply has a LOT of energy in her body. Her father is the same way. Londo is full of energy and has always been a fidgeter. And me? I can’t sit in one position for a long period of time. I don’t really fidget so much as I shift positions periodically, and I don’t think I ever simply sit normal, facing forward with both feet on the ground when I’m in a chair. In fact, sitting normal sounds like torture to me.

But three years ago, when the Pumpkin was a few months old and through her babyhood, I didn’t know why she was fidgeting so much. When I would nurse her, when we’d be rocking her to sleep, when we would try to hold her calmly, when we’d be lying in…