Monday, June 9, 2008

Question of the Week - I'd Rather Be...

Well, I'm back to work today. It's so hard to get back in the groove of things after being on vacation. Granted my vacation was exhausting, but it was still a break from work after two major deadlines. And it's hard to come back, wade through all the email and create a massive To Do list. But here I am, although I'd rather be elsewhere.

Which, of course, brings us to the Question of the Week:

Where would you rather be right now?

Is mine obvious? I'd rather be on a beach. But let me get a little more specific. I'd rather be laying on a Caribbean beach (second choice would be a Mediterranean beach in Italy), hot sun beating down on me with a few puffy white clouds to break up the heat, a nice salty breeze, a rum drink in my hand, palm trees nearby, husband hanging out nearby (he's not a lay-out-on-the-beach guy), with no toddler in sight. I love my toddler and love spending time with her, but right now, I'd rather be relaxing in my perfect place with no worries or cares at all.

How about you? What would your "I'd rather be..." bumper sticker say?

8 comments:

KG said...

I'd rather be getting laid.

La folle maman said...

I'd like to be sleeping on one of those beds you see in the Sandals commercials. You know, the one where the bed has a wispy canopy of sheer drapery blowing in the wind and it's sitting on a beach next to clear blue water? Yeah. That would be perfect. Combine that with the Carona commercial. Hehe. So I'd have a nice beer with a lime in bed!

caramama said...

Amen, Tranny Head. Amen.

Becoming Mommy said...

Heehee, Tranny Head!!!!

Barring your choice, I think I'd like to be at Luquillo. I want to be under the trees at the shoreline with the little yellow butterflies flitting all around me, watching the surf, and smelling that salty sea air and feeling the cool breeze.

I also want to be drinking a cold, Old Colony Pina and eating mafungo from the Mr. Mafungo stand out in the parking lot. Maybe ganepas too. I miss all those things.

And no baby. That much work would disturb the serenity of my very specific dream.

OneTiredEma said...

St. John. Trunk Bay Beach. Snorkel Gear. 7:00 am. Me and Taxman.

(Children in NYC with my in-laws.)

Karen said...

Sleeping. But maybe that's just right at this moment.

If I was well rested I'd choose my own back yard, with no chores to complete, no kids to fight with and a good book to read.

Anonymous said...

I'd rather be 18 again, during a school break. Just for one day.

Can you tell I'm feeling the weight of my responsibilities? :)

Wineplz said...

a second honeymoon with my husband...the one we really really wanted but couldn't afford when we got married. I mean, I loved Disney, but we really wanted to do a Sandals thing or a Mediterranean cruise (with beach stops!).

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...