Saturday, July 26, 2008

Cara Figlia - Just When We Hit a Groove

Cara figlia,

When Daddy was so busy, you and I got into a pretty good groove. Even though I was all worn out, I think we were doing pretty well. I was with you in the mornings before work, and then I would leave work early to come home. We would play in the afternoons, take walks, then I would cook dinner, feed you dinner and then do the bedtime routine many nights. It was a lot of quality Mama-Pumpkin time.

Granted, I was getting behind with my work, what with leaving early every day. And I didn't have any time for myself, which wears me thin. But now that Daddy is done with his project and we are getting back into the old schedule, I am missing you!

I miss the groove we were in, I miss the pattern we had, I miss spending so much time with you. Especially the time that I don't normally spend with you in the late afternoons before dinner.

Apparently, it's going to take some time to find our old rhythm again. And for me to get used to working full days away from you! But we'll find it again. I know we both missed having Daddy around, so we will be happy going back to the old routine.

Ti amo sempre,
Mama

2 comments:

I'm Not Skippy said...

Summer is almost over and my wife is going back to work soon. She's been a stay-at-home mom for two months now and she'll have to go back to he school. It's like the end of maternity leave all over again.

I wish every parent didn't have to work. A foolish wish, but that's wishes for you.

S said...

I went through the same thing when my husband went on deployment two years ago. It was really rough being a “single” mom, but I loved the routine we had and whenever my husband has to go out of town for work, I look at it as an opportunity to spend mommy and me time with my son. It also forced me to get out of the house more on weekends because I didn’t have the hubby to keep me company.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...