Monday, June 14, 2010

Caro Figlio - Happy 1st Birthday to the Pookie

Buono primo compleanno al mio bambino (happy first birthday to my baby),

A year ago today, you arrived into our lives, making my life fuller and happier than ever before. My sweet boy, you have been a joy in our lives. You have added smiles and giggles and even more fun to our household. A bit more chaos, too, but it's been fun chaos.

This last year has been absolutely wonderful. You love to watch what's going on around you, you love to laugh and lately you've been loving crawling into whatever is going on. You seem constantly entertained by your sister, your pets and your parents, and you are starting to become a major part of the daily entertainment. Really, you just seem to enjoy life and everything around you. You do get upset and fuss, but not nearly as much as you smile and laugh.

Today, I took the day off to spend with you. You decided to start the day really early, and woke up at 5:15. I nursed you at 5:30 and put you back in your crib to play for a half hour while I dozed for a little longer. Once we got up, we spent some sweet time together while I got ready for the day and went downstairs to start breakfast. Your sister woke up while we were downstairs, and our normal chaotic morning ensued. I dropped your sister off at school, while the nanny put you down for a nap.

After you woke up, we drove up to Baltimore and went to the National Aquarium! You did great for most of the hour drive. We had some lunch out, then I put you in my Moby wrap, and off we went to see all the marine animals. Although you really only say variations of "da na" lately, I wouldn't be surprised if you started your "eff" or "shh" sounds, considering how many times I pointed out the fish to you! We saw sting rays, frogs, sharks, jellyfish, dolphins and so many fish. You really seemed to enjoy seeing all the new sights, as well as the people all around us. You are quite the people watcher! And I know you love to be in a sling or wrap, cuddled up to me.

You took a nice nap in the car, and when we got home, you got a bunch of fun presents. Then, it was dinner, playing with Daddy while I put your sister to bed, and then nursing and Mommy putting you to bed.

We had a great day together, and I am excited to start a tradition of going to the aquarium for our Mommy-Son days together for your birthday.

It's been an amazing year, and Daddy and I can't wait to see all the incredible things you will do in the next year. We are so thankful to God that you are part of our family. We all love you so much.

Ti amiamo,
Mama, Daddy and Pumpkin

4 comments:

Melba said...

Happy birthday Pookie. May you always be as happy and loved as you are on this day. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Pookie!

Burgh Baby said...

Happy birthday, Pookie!

Becoming Mommy said...

Feliz cumpleanos!

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...