Friday, October 17, 2008

No Halloween Partying This Year

Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our Halloween party this year. Londo and I have an annual Halloween party that we've been having since 2000. I don't think we've missed a year... until now.

But I've just been so busy with one deadline after another at work, with the Pumpkin going through her toddler phase plus being sick, many rough nights (when will it end???), and of course all the fertility stuff. I simply haven't been able to do anything for the party, and Londo can do only so much. It's usually just starting to get tough this time of year for me, with the onset of fall affecting my Seasonal Affective Disorder, but I'm usually able to get some basic party planning done. I just wasn't this year.

So Londo and I talked about it, and then when my mom said she couldn't babysit for the Pumpkin, we just decided to scrap it. One year off due to too many factors taking our time.

For those of you who usually come, I'm sorry. For me, I'm sorry because Halloween is my favorite holiday and I LOVE our annual party!

Next year, I will do better and we'll have everything lined up and ready to go! I'm sure of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying to thing of a way to still wear my costume.I still wanna play dress up!

Burgh Baby said...

That makes me sad! Halloween is the best, and if any holiday deserves a party, it's the one.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...