I have scheduled the C-section for June 22nd, 3 days after my due date. I have been leaning one way, then another, and finally going back to the original plan. And you all have been wonderfully supportive, informative and above all kind throughout my frustrations. A special thanks goes to those of you who have had to suffer through phone conversations with me, which were usually prefaced by, "Even if you don't agree with me, I just need to you to listen and support me." Everyone loves talking to an emotional, hormonal 37.5 week pregnant woman, right?
So if I go into labor before the scheduled C-section, I plan to try for a VBAC. If this one follows the Pumpkin's scheduling skills (she was 10 days late), we will go in on the 22nd to get the boy out. This is the plan. If anyone doesn't like it or agree with it, too bad. I'm done debating, researching and crying (at least over this issue). I will, however, delve into research on ways to improve the success of a VBAC. I fear that the highest chance of success means no medication at all, and I've been planning on the epidural. Oh boy.
Oh, and the scheduled C-section for the 22nd? The only time slot they had left at the hospital was at 3:30 in the afternoon. Apparently,
The woman who schedules said that surely one of the women scheduled on that day will go into labor prior to that day and I could be moved up. I told her that I hope to be a woman who goes into labor prior to that day. I don't think I will be, but Londo thinks I will. Shall we start a pool for delivery date? I'm taking the 22nd.
*If I wasn't going to try for a VBAC, the doctor wanted us to schedule for the week prior. So we didn't schedule either date until I (yes, I) had made a final decision. Apparently most other people are able to make their decisions earlier.