Sunday, November 25, 2007

How Life Has Changed

So, there I am on Black Friday, entering the mall with MIL, SIL and the Pumpkin. I love to shop, and I really need new clothes that fit me better. Regardless of what I weigh, my body shape has changed and my old clothes do not currently fit me right. There is not much in the small mall near my inlaws house, but they do have two department stores, and we've entered one.

But do I head to the women's department to look for nice work clothes and casual clothes that might fit me? Nope. Do I head to the jewerly counter to look for a little something for me or Christmas presents for family? Nope. Do I go to the men's section to look for gifts for my husband or family? Nope. Certainly I would go straight to the housewares to find fun things for the house, or again maybe Christmas presents (I really need to get presents!). Nope!

I immediately go the children's section and shop for clothes for the Pumpkin. She could get by without more clothes, but getting her more would lessen how often I have to do laundry. Or so I tell myself and my inlaws. But really, I just love buying her the cute little clothes! And with the great sales, I bought a bunch in the next two sizes so she can grow into them.

I did get myself a pair of much needed brown boots before we left the mall. But that was the quickest picking out and trying on shoe shopping I've ever done.

3 comments:

4FatCats said...

LOL. Funny how your shopping habits change! I do the same thing -- our little monkey is very stylish. Yet mommy ... well, maybe I should get someone to film me and submit it to "What not to Wear!" :)

Anonymous said...

I always shop for the girls instead of myself, too! Except now I have way too many clothes for them and I have to stop!! BRU has an extra 30% off clearance clothes between Christmas and New Years and our BRU is super stocked at that time of the year. I go nuts!!

Anonymous said...

yeah I think that's pretty universal, Boog certainly doesn't need any new clothes but I find myself drawn there anyway. It doesn't help that I totally hate shopping for myself now, body changing and all.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...