Skip to main content

Six Years, and Counting

Before I get into today's post, I wrote on my other site my review for my TBR Challenge June book, The Blind Mirror by Christopher Pike. Hop on over to read why I love Christopher Pike and what I though of the book.

Sunday, June 29th, was a special day for Londo and me. It was our six-year wedding anniversary.

Londo and I have been together since our senior year of college, 11 years ago this fall. When we met, we were both dating other people who didn't go to our college. So we started out as friends. We got along great, quizzing each other on 80s trivia at the bar on dollar draft night, running the pool tables as a team, hanging out in writing lab talking about books and writing, playing the South Park drinking game, ditching class to go to McDonalds during the Monopoly game, and so much more. But the attraction was undeniable, and we didn't stay just friends.

By the summer, it was very obvious to both of us that we were the ones for each other. We both moved back to our parents' houses for the year after college, but we knew that we wanted to go to grad school together. We picked UGA in Athens, GA. We both got our Masters degrees from there and loved living there for the few years we were there. That was where we got our cat and dog, where we learned how to live together and where Londo asked me to marry him.

We moved up to the DC area right before our wedding. I am from this area, and this was where we were getting married. It's amazing to me to think that we've been up here for six years. We've been husband and wife for six years. All that wedding planning and stress culminated into a beautiful and fun wedding six years ago.

Each year has been even better than the last.

Thank you, Londo, for six wonderful years of marriage, and for over 10 years of your love and life. I am very lucky and very blessed, and I look forward to a lifetime more.

Comments

Congratulations!

we'll have been together 11 years this fall too, but married 3.
Jezer said…
Happy Anniversary!
BisBink said…
Congrats on six wonderful years!! I am glad that I got to see you both on Sunday and that I was a part of your beautiful wedding six years ago!
Cloud said…
Congratulations! And thanks for the happy antidote to all the divorce talk on Moxie this week!
La folle maman said…
Happy Anniversary!
Colleen said…
Happy Anniversary!!! :) You two are so cute together.
I'm Not Skippy said…
We've known each other 11 years and will be married 7 in less than a month.
ImpostorMom said…
Congrats! It is hard to believe that y'all have been gone for six years. Time flies.

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Fidgets in Sleep (and While Awake)

Since I've started this blog, I've had quite a few visitors find me through a search for something like "baby fidgets in sleep" or "baby fidgets in bed" or simply "baby fidgets." This leads me to believe that there are others out there with fidgety babies who drive them crazy enough to search on the internet for some information about fidgeting babies. So I thought I'd do a whole post to discuss the fidgety nature of my child and how I deal with it.

Do you want to know when my child first started fidgeting? IN UTERO!! I'm not kidding. When I was pregnant, this baby moved a lot. She was very often kicking and pushing and hiccuping. OMG, the hiccups! I thought they would drive me nuts. Every. Single. Day. For. Months. Straight. Often more than once a day. I am not exaggerating--you can ask Londo or the many people I worked with, all of whom had to hear about it. I just thought it was part of being pregnant, and it probably is, but I've al…

Some Babies Just Fidget

I have mentioned before that we had a very fidgety baby. It's been a while sinced I talked about it. Although she is still pretty fidgety, at her currently toddler stage it seems more normal and has in many ways translated into bigger, general movements, like climbing.

But I still get a ton of search hits that have to do with baby fidgeting or flailing while sleeping or nursing. Some people stay around and read a bit, and I hope they get what they need from the posts I wrote specifically aboutthis topic hoping that others realize they are not alone. Most people don't stay at all, and I figure they are probably looking for medical reasons why babies fidget (like I would).

Then I got this comment, which does indeed show that people are looking for medical reason. Anonymous said that she wasn't sure if the Pumpkin's fidgets were as severe are her 3.5 month old. Well anonymous, I can't be positive since I haven't seen your child, but at some points they were as bad …

Fidgety Baby Growing Up

My daughter was a very fidgety baby. More fidgety than any other baby I knew through all my years of babysitting, being an aunt and having friends and family with babies. So fidgety that I wondered if something was wrong, if there was an underlying reason for her fidgetiness.

There really wasn’t anything wrong. As far as I can tell, she simply has a LOT of energy in her body. Her father is the same way. Londo is full of energy and has always been a fidgeter. And me? I can’t sit in one position for a long period of time. I don’t really fidget so much as I shift positions periodically, and I don’t think I ever simply sit normal, facing forward with both feet on the ground when I’m in a chair. In fact, sitting normal sounds like torture to me.

But three years ago, when the Pumpkin was a few months old and through her babyhood, I didn’t know why she was fidgeting so much. When I would nurse her, when we’d be rocking her to sleep, when we would try to hold her calmly, when we’d be lying in…