Friday, April 10, 2009

Pregnancy Shorts

Not the shorts you wear. Shorts as in snippets, briefs, little stories or thoughts. It occurs to me that I tend to write really long narratives (at least when I'm feeling myself). Sometimes, I just want to tell short stories, but they often turn into long ones (like this paragraph is already). So, I'm going to occasionally do shorts. Today's will be some lighter, brighter snippets about pregnancy.

------------------------------

A few weeks ago, when my dad was over to help get the Pumpkin's new room ready and we were just organizing things, I was sitting on the steps waiting for something. My dad looked at me and asked if I needed something to do.

I responded that I was doing something. I was always doing something. I was gestating. And it's hard work.

------------------------------

One aspect of pregnancy that I don't mind at all is the weight gain. I know plenty of other women who hated that part, but not me! I think it's hysterical that I weigh so much or that my stomach, boobs, butt and thighs are all much plumper.

In fact, I was so amazed at how much more my butt was jingling, I had to show my husband! He just laughed at me, knowing how funny I thought it was.

See? I don't hate everything about it!

------------------------------

The Joanna Cole book I'm a Big Sister is a big hit with the Pumpkin. Thank you to all who recommended it. The first time I read it to her, she started out not really wanting to read it and trying to just flip pages, but then she realized what it was about and what it was saying. By halfway through, she was enthralled. Now, she loves to help tell me what's going on in each page.

I also bought a book about mommy being pregnant and bringing home the baby by the Sears. They've got really good stuff in them, but they are much too long and have way to many words per page for my won't-sit-still toddler. But the mommy being pregnant one has a great drawing of the baby in mommy's belly and of mommy breastfeeding the baby. I think I'll try it again but make up my own brief description of each page, which we've done with other books.

2 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I'm not even going to ask for a photo of you and your husband checking out the jiggle in the trunk. I'm just going to laugh.

Karen said...

I've got a jinggly butt and there is nothing amusing about it, trust me. I'm glad you can find humor. :)

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...