Wednesday, April 14, 2010

DC Area May Meet Up

It's been too long, my friends, since we got together. I feel very bad that I haven't organized anything since... I can't even remember when... last fall?

But it's spring now, the snow is gone, the sun is out and the weather has generally been nice. So let's all get together in early May.

-I'm going to put up a poll on the right side of my blog for you all to select which day of the first 3 weekends in May is good for you.
-I'm thinking we should go to the Playseum in Bethesda. I've heard great things but not gotten there myself yet. What do you guys think?
-Have any other suggestions?

We still haven't done an adult get together in a long, long time. Maybe we can in June? I'm going to try to have more regular get togethers this spring and summer, and hopefully it will carry over into the fall and winter. I would love help with the ideas, organizing and email group. Any volunteers?

3 comments:

Cloud said...

I think it is great that you do this. I have a fantasy that one of your meet ups will coincide with a time when I am taking a trip to DC sometime. Of course, I don't travel much anymore, so that is likely to stay a fantasy!

I was threatening to start something similar in SoCal... I should get off my butt and do it.

Unknown said...

When?
May is kind of booked-ish, already, of course. Because life is like that... sigh.

Slim said...

Cloud, if you are coming to DC, we could design one around you. (Well, that was presumptuous of me, given that Caramama is the mastermind of all this, and I have yet to make it to one. But still. I think Moxites coming to town should make a big deal of it, just in case.)

It looks as though the Playseum isn't open Sundays, and unfortunately Sundays are the days that work for us. So I voted for the 2nd, even though that would eliminate the Playseum, which looks really fun.

Saturdays are freer after the first weekend in June, when Blastball ends.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...