Sunday, July 25, 2010

Caro Figlio – Serious Talking

Mio carino figlio,

My darling little boy, you are growing so much. You are over 13 months and just as adorable as can be. You have your own personality and your own way and time table for doing things. I love to watch you develop and learn. I’m constantly amazed and delighted by the things you do.

One of my favorite things lately is how you talk to me, especially in the mornings after you are done nursing. You look up at me, your head still in the crook of my arm, and with your round eyes wide, you say, “ah do an doh na dah.” I respond, “Oh, is that right? What else?”

You continue to babble with the most earnest expression on your face! I continue to chat back with you until, inevitably, one of us breaks out into a smiling, causing the other one to smile and laugh back. Then, we usually start right back into the conversation.

Your teachers tell me that you talk with them and with the other kids, too. Your face serious and intent, your language (other than a few words) not yet understandable, you work hard to express yourself to those around you. We all love it when you talk to us, and we can’t wait to hear more.

Ti amo,
Mama

No comments:

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...