Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cara Figlia - Our Newest Game

Cara mia figlia,

I just love our newest game! The one where you stand behind me and I pretend I can't find you. "Where is the Pumpkin? I can't find her anywhere. Where did she go?" I say as I look around for you, turning my head side to side. And you stand behind me giggling, holding on to my back or pulling my hair, as if those things don't totally give you away!

Finally, I will turn my head far enough to see you and exclaim, "There she is!" At this point, I squeeze you, tickle you or grab you and lift you up by holding you against my back and leaning forward (the last one only works if I'm quick enough). You desolve into giggles, sometimes bent over laughing and sometimes with your head thrown back in cackles. You've also started thumping down on your bottom right when I find you, as if your being lower will keep me from finding you or from tickling you.

You love this game, and we play it again and again, until Mama is very sick of it. But if I try to stop before you are done? Woah nelly, you get very upset and let me know just how upset until I sit back down and let you get behind me again.

It's a very cute game, mostly because I love to make you laugh. Your laugh is the sweetest music I've ever heard, and I will do many silly, boring and/or undignified things to hear it.

Ti amo con tutti cuore,
Mama

6 comments:

Cloud said...

There is nothing so wonderful as hearing your baby laugh, is there? I wonder if that feeling continues, and I'm going to get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside when Pumpkin is 20 years old and laughing.

Karen said...

I love games that elicit those giggles. :)

sheSaidC2 said...

aw man! BABY LAUGHS :) they are so wonderful. I will do almost anything for them.

Becoming Mommy said...

that's so sweet!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing better than those full on belly laughs. We call Boog's the chicken laugh cause he sort of sounds like a chicken when he does it. There is no better sound in the world.

Shellie said...

Love, love love the laughing games!

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...