Monday, August 25, 2008

Question of the Week - Olympic Moment

I've got a bunch of thoughts swirling around in my head. Again, there is a lot I want to write about, but I am both too busy with other things and not centered enough to get it out. Yet.

Besides, today is Monday! No one wants to hear deep thoughts on Monday. And since the Olympics just wrapped up, let's reflect on that. After this, I promise to be done with the Olympics. I'll be back to asking what your favorite color is and why you like your kids.

Here's the Question of the Week:

What was your favorite moment of the 2008 Olympics?

My favorite moment was when Nastia Liukin took gold and Shawn Johnson got silver in the women's all around in gymnastics. It was an amazing 1-2 that they had been hoping for, and they both look just so thrilled!

How about you? Not everyone can pick the finish of the freestyle relay, although I suspect that BBM's favorite moment will involve Michael Phelps body is some way. ;-)

4 comments:

La folle maman said...

Pretty much any event Nastia Liukin was in because DH and I couldn't get enough of saying "Nastia, if you're nasty!" Lame, I know but we got a kick out of it.

Karen said...

Since I didn't watch as much as I would have liked I have limited choices. But I cannot believe that Phelps won that one race by one fingernail's length. InSaNe.

Daisy said...

I enjoyed watching the relay team beat the French mainly because the French team had been trash talking the U.S. beforehand.

Wineplz said...

I think it was when Shawn Johnson kicked everyone's butt on the beam and got her gold...even with all the crappy scoring (you should've heard me yelling at the TV when I saw that the Chinese girl who FELL got a better score than the Romanian girl who didn't fall and had an overall cleaner/tighter peformance). The smile on her face was stunning...and seeing her mom in the stands. oh! goosebumps!

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...