Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Tis the Season for Colds

As I've said, we had a great time at the inlaws. However, many of them were sick, and of course the Pumpkin picked it up. And is passing it along to me and Londo. Such is the way with colds and kids. It's times like these when Londo calls kids petri dishes.

The Pumpkin has been coughing and sneezing and has such a runny nose, which she still doesn't like getting wiped. Naturally, she is not sleeping well because of being sick (on top of her normal not sleeping well). So she is extremely tired during the day.

This morning, the skin around her eyes was all red (this is how they get when she is super exhausted) and she was so droopy in my arms. We took a shower together--I was hoping the steam would help clear her up--and afterwards, when I bundled her in a towel and held her in my arms, I thought she might fall asleep! She's a poor little thing, and it's breaking my heart.

I made her cream of wheat this morning, since that's always something good when you aren't feeling well. I told the nanny to let her watch her new Winnie the Pooh movie and TV shows today, if they wanted. It's really the only way to keep her still (now that she actually sits to watch shows), and she needs to be still and resting. When she runs around, she starts coughing even more and her nose starts running even more.

Hopefully, the day of resting will help her recover. And hopefully Londo and I won't get it too bad.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love how kids act like you are trying to rub their face with a cheese grater when you go to wipe their nose.

Anonymous said...

Hope you all feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Dorothy has had post-nasal drip since before Thanksgiving and it has been a struggle. I hope that Pumpkin doesn't get the same stuff!

I'm Not Skippy said...

Right there with you.

OneTiredEma said...

A cold has been working its way through our family, youngest to oldest...and the runny nose sticks around for a week after the cough and fever goes away!

AM was sleeping so poorly (cough waking him up at night and during naps) he had dark circles under his eyes! Poor baby.

We're also watching some PBS, mostly because the cabin fever (a bunch of cancelled playdates) is starting to really get to people. Including me.

Hope you're all feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys feel better soon. And happy new year Caramama....thanks for being such a good internet friend.

;)

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it!

The Flu has finally hit our household and although me and hubby were vaccinated this year, dh has been hit pretty hard and has been in bed most of the day. I had it yesterday so NYE was a bit of a flop for me. Don't know if the kids passed it on to us or if it's therei turn next, but they have had a bout of diarrhea( Zoe's was so bad as to take off a layer of skin off her botttom)with runny nose and aches (from what I could determine). No fever, which makes me think the worst is yet to come. Oh, how I loathe the cold and flu season.

Cloud said...

Oh, I hope Pumpkin feels better soon! (And that the cold skips you and Londo- hey, we can hope, right?)

Our Pumpkin has gotten into wiping her own nose lately. We waste a bit of tissue, but its worth it for the decrease in screaming.

Burgh Baby said...

Sick sucks! I hope she's feeling better soon.

KG said...

Ick to the fountain of snot. I hate those cold-half-asleep-but-not-really nights of sleep. Hang in there!

Shellie said...

Get better quick, Pumpkin!

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...