Friday, January 25, 2008

Daddy's Take: Day Two

Londo's Diary, 25 January 2008.

Day Two of Project: PumpkinWatch (TM)

Day Two began when I arrived at Grandma's House to pick up the baby. This is my wheelhouse. I have done this from the beginning and I am squarely in the comfort zone. I sashay (Londo is secure enough in his manhood to sashay around once in a while) in the door and peek around the corner to see if she is looking. [Aside: Now, normally in this situation, I catch the Pumpkin's eye and she gives me the sweetest smile you can imagine. On a good day, she will giggle.] She is in the arms of the babysitter--whom she loves--and is looking happy. But this time, she doesn't leap, literally, into my arms. Instead, she hugs the babysitter and mutters.

I take her anyway (I'm the boss in this relationship, aren't I? -- I'm clearly not, I know). She doesn't make a fuss, but I swear she is muttering, "mamamamamama."

We get home and she plays, and everything is going pretty well. She is a little fussy, but nothing major. I put her to bed around 8:00 and she slept through the night again, waking at 6:00. I honestly think she is just cutting her old man some slack. (Thanks kiddo.)

Project: PumpkinWatch (TM) has been a near-complete success so far. We have experienced 0.5% casualties (there was a small matter of temporary mashing of fingers [juvenile], and one banged head [adult] but it was resolved in an expeditious manner). We are nearing the end of the project and must now begin immediate prep work for Project: Cleanup For Mommy (TM).

Cheers,
Londo

XXX

No comments:

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...