Skip to main content

Question of the Week - Superbowl Commercials (and My Weekend Woes)

Hey, internetters! Sorry I've been neglectful. It wasn't on purpose. My internet went down sometime on Saturday and has stayed down. So I didn't get to do a Cara Mama post yesterday, but it would have gone something like this "Cara Mama, wah wah wah... But I wanna play with the trash bag... ha ha ha... I love to be tickled... wah wah wah... I don't wanna go back to sleep... The clingiest, fussiest baby in the world (I'm too tired to figure out the Italian for this), Pumpkin"

But this is nothing new. In general, we had a really good weekend. My niece's birthday party was so much fun, and water babies on Sunday was a ton of fun. The mornings were very good, and she had one long nap each day. BUT she had only one nap each day (can you say transition time?) and had a melt down each night in the evening. She seems to be so tired--she has been a bit klutzy, especially yesterday evening. Each time she get a little bump, she gives some heartfelt crying instead of the usual brushing it off with nary a thought. I will save this morning's issues for tomorrow's post. For now, let's just move on...

Did everyone enjoy the Superbowl? I did not stay up for the critical 4th quarter, and missed quite a bit here and there because of Pumpkin-care. I'm not heartbroken, because I'm not a fan of either team. But I saw a lot of it, and some funny commercials. I caught commercials I missed this morning online (I love the internet). Which leads us to this week's Question of the Week:

What was your favorite Superbowl commercial?

You don't have to limit your answer to this year. But if you want to see some of this years best commercials (which were only okay overall), click here.

This year, I enjoyed the Bridgestone with the squirrel in the road, the Tide with the screaming stain, and (even though I can't stand him) the Will Ferrell Bud Light commercial. Last year, I LOVED the Taco Bell lion commercial. Of course, the best Superbowl commercials were Apple 1984 commercial and the Budweiser clydesdale 9/11 tribute (snopes.com is apparently the only place on the internet where I can find a video of that one). Oh, and speaking of Budswiser clydesdale commercials, I also loved this one from 2003.

How about you?

Comments

ImpostorMom said…
Since I didn't watch the super bowl I had to check online and I think my favorite is definitely the FedEx one with the pigeons. Hysterical.

I'm also a big fan of Richard Simmons being in danger and Justin Timberlake getting whacked in the head with a flat screen. :)
Becoming Mommy said…
the pigeon one this year was the best!
-KZ said…
GIANT MONSTER PIGEONS!!!!

i also liked the gobble-de-gook talking/distracting stain. i think i may try that at my meeting tomorrow. except i'm not a stain. seems like something Michael Scott would do. :-)

most of the bud commercials were stupid except for the Will Ferrell one.
bisbink said…
Of the ones I saw last night, I would have to say the coke commercial with Stewie, Underdog and Charlie Brown. I will have to check out the rest after the Main Man is asleep tonight.
La folle maman said…
Thanks for posting the link to all of the commercials. I was working pretty the entire night and didn't have time to catch the game or the commercials.

So after reviewing most of them, I have to say I like the E-trade commercials with the baby and the Clown/baby pukes the most, followed by the Will Ferrell one and the Bridgestone one with the squirrel. What can I say, I'm a sucker for babies and animals!
Anonymous said…
Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

Popular posts from this blog

Baby Fidgets in Sleep (and While Awake)

Since I've started this blog, I've had quite a few visitors find me through a search for something like "baby fidgets in sleep" or "baby fidgets in bed" or simply "baby fidgets." This leads me to believe that there are others out there with fidgety babies who drive them crazy enough to search on the internet for some information about fidgeting babies. So I thought I'd do a whole post to discuss the fidgety nature of my child and how I deal with it.

Do you want to know when my child first started fidgeting? IN UTERO!! I'm not kidding. When I was pregnant, this baby moved a lot. She was very often kicking and pushing and hiccuping. OMG, the hiccups! I thought they would drive me nuts. Every. Single. Day. For. Months. Straight. Often more than once a day. I am not exaggerating--you can ask Londo or the many people I worked with, all of whom had to hear about it. I just thought it was part of being pregnant, and it probably is, but I've al…

Some Babies Just Fidget

I have mentioned before that we had a very fidgety baby. It's been a while sinced I talked about it. Although she is still pretty fidgety, at her currently toddler stage it seems more normal and has in many ways translated into bigger, general movements, like climbing.

But I still get a ton of search hits that have to do with baby fidgeting or flailing while sleeping or nursing. Some people stay around and read a bit, and I hope they get what they need from the posts I wrote specifically aboutthis topic hoping that others realize they are not alone. Most people don't stay at all, and I figure they are probably looking for medical reasons why babies fidget (like I would).

Then I got this comment, which does indeed show that people are looking for medical reason. Anonymous said that she wasn't sure if the Pumpkin's fidgets were as severe are her 3.5 month old. Well anonymous, I can't be positive since I haven't seen your child, but at some points they were as bad …

Fidgety Baby Growing Up

My daughter was a very fidgety baby. More fidgety than any other baby I knew through all my years of babysitting, being an aunt and having friends and family with babies. So fidgety that I wondered if something was wrong, if there was an underlying reason for her fidgetiness.

There really wasn’t anything wrong. As far as I can tell, she simply has a LOT of energy in her body. Her father is the same way. Londo is full of energy and has always been a fidgeter. And me? I can’t sit in one position for a long period of time. I don’t really fidget so much as I shift positions periodically, and I don’t think I ever simply sit normal, facing forward with both feet on the ground when I’m in a chair. In fact, sitting normal sounds like torture to me.

But three years ago, when the Pumpkin was a few months old and through her babyhood, I didn’t know why she was fidgeting so much. When I would nurse her, when we’d be rocking her to sleep, when we would try to hold her calmly, when we’d be lying in…