Sunday, December 16, 2007

Cara Mama - But I Wanted to Play!

Cara Mama,

I don't understand why we couldn't play last night. After all, you, Daddy and I were up for over 2 hours anyway. Why did you guys keep trying to get me back to sleep? Wasn't it obvious that I was awake and didn't want to sleep or nurse or be rocked or even lay down? We could have just played. It would have been much more fun.

Sure, Daddy eventually got me back to sleep. But I think we would have all would have been in much better moods if we had gotten up, went downstairs and checked out the toys. I don't know what you mean by "middle of the night" or "going to lose it." But at least when I finally went back to sleep, I only woke up one more time and then slept in until 7:30! Aren't I a good baby?

La tua bambina,
Pumpkin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conversation between MommyEm and Caramama, circa 2000

MommyEm: Hey Caramama, what did you and Londo do last night?

Caramama: Oh it was great! We stayed up until 2am drinking and playing games. But we slept until 12:30 p.m.!

MommyEm: Nice!

Conversation between MommyEm and Caramama, circa 2007

MommyEm: Hey Caramama, what did you and Londo do last night?

Caramama: Oh, it was grrreat. The Pumpkin stayed up until 2am nursing and wanting to play games. But then she slept until 7:30 a.m.!

MommyEm: Nice!

What a difference a baby makes.
;-)

ImpostorMom said...

Ah yes, remember "Friends night"? Omg those took place on actual weeknights and we were out past 11pm! Oh how things have changed.

Becoming Mommy said...

Pumpkin and Sasha must be in cahoots to make us all insane.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...