Friday, February 1, 2008

Searches, Sleep, Solo and Self

Some random thoughts for today, cause I'm feeling random. And having thoughts.

----------------
Normally, I do my Cara Figlia posts on Friday's, but I think I'm going to change that and do them on Saturdays and the Cara Mama letters on Sundays. It just makes more sense to me.

----------------
I got more search hits yesterday than I have any other day of my blogging life. I know you are dying to know what the search terms were that brought people to my blog, especially because of yesterday's topic...
-"baby fidgeting night"
-"baby kicks fidgets while sleeping"
-"fidgeting while breastfeeding"
-"push me mama love"
-"things mothers say"
-"toddler hates having nose wiped"

I told you all I get a bunch of searches about the baby fidgets! The hits came from Canada, Bulgaria and the UK, and it looks like no one stayed to read. So I guess my two posts about my fidgety baby did not help them. I do not quite get the search for "push me mama love," but whatever.

----------------
Just when I start getting used to the Pumpkin not waking up until 6:00 or later, she gets up earlier. Our week went like this: Sunday up at 7:00 (That's right! 7!!!), Monday up at 6:30, Tuesday up at 6:15, Wednesday up at 6:00, Thursday up at 5:30 and this morning up at 5:00 (Plus she was up at 11:45, and thank you, Londo, for rocking her back to sleep). I'm thinking it's a pattern and I'm a little worried about the nights and mornings to come. Especially because...

----------------
My wonderful hubby is going out of town. He is right now on his way to the airport. He will be gone until very late Monday night. I'm hoping this weekend goes well, but the Pumpkin has been extra fussy lately. One of her teeth is just about to break through. Hopefully it will very soon, and that will at least make her sleep better. I can handle the fussing if she is at least sleeping.

So, Mama's Flying Solo this time, although it is not my first or even second time.

----------------
Why is it that I keep referring to myself in the third person to the Pumpkin? Is this normal, or am I an episode of Seinfeld? It's going beyond "Come to Mama" and into things like "Mama doesn't like it when you do that" or "Mama needs to go over here." I'm really trying to stop it before it gets out of hand.

----------------
I've got more, but I'll save it for another day. I've even got some longer topics I want to cover that I haven't had time to write up yet. I'm hoping to have some time over the weekend to start them, but with Londo out of town, I'm not sure what my days and nights will be like.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am beyond sick of getting up during the 5 o'clock hour. I don't really know what is going on with Boog either. I have pretty much resigned myself to not getting enough sleep until he's like 8.

Tonight I put him down half an hour later and I didn't let him nurse to get sleepy. In fact he wasn't all that interested in nursing at all. He nursed some, then played, then Dad read him a couple books. He went in his crib at 8, I heard him turn on his aquarium and fuss once or twice but then he was out.

I'm not optimistic about it making a big difference however. We ate dinner later too but that is more about me running late and less about trying to change his patterns. Ugh.

Burgh Baby said...

Good luck flying solo. May your nights be filled with sleep and your days filled with cooperation.

La folle maman said...

If she's not calling you Mama already, you might be doing the right thing by talking about yourself in third person to Pumpkin. According to the What to Expect ... First Year, it help them to learn your title or name and their own name. Although, I do admit that it sounds funny sometimes.

Good luck this weekend! If you need to vent at any point, feel free to call!

OneTiredEma said...

Oh, I refer to myself in the third person all the time. Actually I did it MORE with Miss M. (She was very slow to call me Ema.) Her big issue was that she called herself "you" because I, obviously, referred to her in the second person. It all straightened out--although sometimes I thought she was going to be the toddler on earth to call herself I/me.

Learning I Have Hypertension

This past winter, I discovered I have developed high blood pressure. This came as a surprise for me, since I generally had always had blood ...